Stuart, Florida Car Accident Attorney
Roadway accidents are the leading cause of personal injury cases in the nation. In 2008, vehicular accidents were the leading cause of death for individuals between the ages of 3-34. As technological advances continue, it is expected
Distracted driving is increasing among our teenage drivers and our adult drivers. Driving while intoxicated is no long the only form of “distracted driving”. Now motorists are attempting to multi-task while on the roadway. Have you been driving on highways and seen people: dialing on their cell phone, sending text messages, eating, applying make-up, shaving?that we will continue to see an increase in traffic accidents. It is common to see drivers talking on their cell phones, using their navigational systems, or changing the radio station thus becoming a distracted driver.
If you or your family has been injured on the road or highway, your choice of an injury attorney will be one of the most important decisions you make. Along with making an informed decision about an attorney, make sure to:
Take pictures of the vehicles and the scene.
- Gather the names of witnesses as soon as possible.
- Find out who was driving the other vehicle and their insurance company.
- Go to the hospital or make an appointment with your doctor.
- Cooperate with the police and if subpoenaed, appear in court.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and keep all medical appointments.
- Don’t talk with an insurance company until you have talked with your own Attorney!
Medical treatment is very important to your case and your health. You may need guidance for the proper medical treatment, depending on your financial situation, degree of injury, and insurance coverage. If you have health insurance, you should immediately see your family doctor and follow up with whatever care he or she suggests. If you do not carry medical insurance, we may be able to help you.
Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Case:
- Failing to seek immediate medical care.
- Failing to be completely honest with your doctor.
- Failing to follow your doctor’s advice.
- Failing to appear for all medical appointments.
- Failing to be completely honest with your lawyer.
Stuart, Florida Attorney Glenn J. Webber handles auto accident cases. Fill out our case evaluation form here or call (772) 287-5600.